top of page


At VDCA you’re not just a client, you are Family!

As brothers and sisters in arms, we walked some of the same ground together. We enjoyed good times but all suffered through enormous challenges. We have each struggled in our own way. Remember, in war there are no unwounded service members!

  • Q: Can I file a claim if I have a general discharge?
    A: Yes, but the VA will make a determination as to whether or not your service was considered honorable.
  • Q: Where can I go to get a copy of my medical records from the VA?
    A: You can go to or
  • Q: Who processes my appeal?
    A: Your appeal is processed by yours truly! I take each case personally and make sure it is the best representation of your case that I can provide. I treat your case as if it were my own.
  • Q: How does VDCA charge for its services?
    A: We charge 20% of any back pay we help you recover during the appeals process. This means we get 20% of your first check from the VA. If we don’t deliver, we don’t get paid.
  • Q: How do I determine if an illness or injury is service connected?
    A: The VA will make a determination if your injuries or illness were caused or aggravated by military service.
  • Q: If I am disabled and pass away, is my spouse entitled to benefits?
    A: If you pass away as a result of one of your service connected disabilities, then your spouse may be eligible for payments under the Dependent Indemnity Compensation program.
  • Q: Will my military retirement pay be offset by my disability payment?
    A: If you have less than 50% disability, your retired pay will be offset. This means that the government will deduct the amount of disability from your retired pay and place it toward your disability pay which is non-taxable. The offset may be discontinued in the future.
  • Q: What do you need to start the process?
    A: First, you need to obtain all of your medical records. This includes any records since you left service. Then we can review your records to ensure we can properly defend your appeal.
  • Q: How long will it take to resolve my case?
    A: Completing an appeal is based on the uniqueness of the appeal and conditions associated with it. Some appeals may take 6 months, others can take more than a year.
  • Q: Is disability pay taxable?
    A: No, it is not taxable.
  • Q: What disabilities can I file for?
    A: You can file for any issue related to military service in which you were injured or a previous condition was aggravated by military service. That’s why it is important to have ALL your medical records - military and civilian.

Disabled Veterans Working For You

We are here to help you get what you deserve after serving your country. Click below to fill out the Disability Appeal Application to begin your Disability Appeal today.

bottom of page